Friday, January 6, 2012

Kristopher Crayton: Artist Manager Nya Head


Sleep G (L) Kristopher Crayton (R)

“It was my outlet from everything I dealt with and it slowly became a hobby that grew into so much more.  I fell in love with it from that moment on.” 
Kristopher Crayton a native of Indianapolis, Indiana who now resides in Central Florida is the Co-Founder and CEO of Nya Head Entertainment.  A Mass Communications student of the great Bethune-Cookman University who studies Broadcast Production Technology this young man is no stranger to the entertainment and media industries.

Beginning his love for music in his adolescent years he began playing various instruments and at the tender age of eight years old he began writing songs as a hobby.


What do you do as an artist manager?

“As an artist manager I'm constantly working and networking with club promoters, A&Rs, and DJs. The team I have right now is just a handful of people therefore I wear multiple hats.  I play the producer role as well.  Every day I'm working to find new avenues and different ways to promote my artist, Sleep G’s, brand of music.”

How do you feel about your role as manager?

“I love it!  I'm actually a person that loves all fascists of the music industry, from the production of the music to planning the promotion and the execution of the plan. I'm in love with the day-to-day grind and the hard work that goes into it. I couldn't see myself doing anything else in this world. This has been my dream since I was eight years old.  How many people can say that?  I just love it.

I really feel that my artist Sleep G has the potential to make it.  I love to see some one come into their own with their music and voice their opinion or tell their story and just grow and mature as time goes by.”

Where do you see your role as artist manager taking you?

“I see it opening up doors to a lot of things. Music is my passion and the foundation to a bigger picture that I want to accomplish. I believe that as long as I can stay focused and stay on my grind I can go very far.”

Well, there you have it folks!  I have had the pleasure of knowing this young man and having the honor of calling him a dear friend.  I know he will do great things in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment