Monday, February 20, 2012

On Cloud 9 With Jovon St. Cloud


"People connect to me no matter where they come from because I can relate to them.  I put that into my music.”
Jovaan Torres, better known as Jovon St. Cloud, is a New Jersey bred sensation.  He has a unique style of Dance-Pop and Alternative Hip-Hop.  St. Cloud showed promise in the earlier stages of life beginning writing at the incredible age of 8, got into producing at 10 years old, and began recording at 12.  INSANE!  He began with writing Hip-Hop and flowed into other genres as he progressed. Writing, creating his own concepts, and producing his own instrumentation, you cannot deny this young man’s talent.  Get to know the man behind the mic…and everything else!

Who is Jovon St. Cloud?
“In a nutshell, I describe myself with one word: DIVERSE. I’m not a pop artist that comes from a small town or anything.  I’m very well rounded. I’m the guy that shows love to everyone.  People connect to me no matter where they come from because I can relate to them.  I put that into my music.”

What is your typical day like?  Are you sleeping in the studios?
“My day starts off at 7am with either a phone call from Lu or EmperorGuz.  I’m up listening to beats, writing new material, or working with YFame or MXL.  I also have a 9-5.  I work at a local pharmacy.”

NICE! You can’t help but love your grind!  I know that you are a part of the eminent camp Miscellaney.  You all seem to function as a family.  What’s it like?
“Lu and I are actually cousins!  I introduced him to Fame around 4-5 years ago.  Then, out of nowhere, Lu was working behind the scenes with him.  I’ve known MXL since I was 13 and Guz went to the same school and church as I did.  He was around the corner.  So, we’ve all been family for quite some time.  When we’re in a room together you can tell the chemistry.  It’s CRAZY!”

On Valentine’s Day you released a collaboration with YFame, “Addicted (Anti-Valentine).”  What sparked that particular song?
“That’s kind of funny actually.  About the same time last year I released a 7 song EP about a previous relationship that began on Valentine’s Day.  If you haven’t noticed, it didn’t go over so well.  So I have a love/hate relationship with the holiday.  BUT, it didn’t spark from that.  We were sitting around listening to some tracks and came across this particular one and the first thing that came to mind was, “That sh*t’s tough!” So I wrote the hook and it was history from there!”

I am really into your latest project “4orever!”  How was the creative process?
“Basically, it was just a constant flow of good vibes.  Over 2 or 3 days Guz, MXL, & I were in the studio and we wrote 3 to 4 songs a day.  That’s really how it happened.  Everything flowed naturally.  Many of those songs made the cut for the project.  Many…MANY late nights but it was cool.  We eat, sleep, breath our craft.”

What are you working on now?  Can we get an exclusive?
“We’re working on another Miscellaney project.  That’s a constant everyday thing for us.  I may be dropping a couple singles soon just to leave a taste in your mouths.  So stay tuned!”

Who would you like to work with?  What producers or vocalists?
 “I definitely have a nice list of people.  As far as DJs and producers, definitely Hype Jones, AfroJack, and Dr. Luke.  As far as writers go, Calvin Harris, David Guetta and vocalists Eva Simons, and Dev.”
The future is bright for you and your team.  What are you looking forward to most?
“The biggest thing I’m looking forward to is shows.  I love the energy of the project and the crowds.  The vibe is going to be NUTS!  The crowd is going to be even MORE nuts!  I love being on stage and feeding off of the audience.”

Miscellaney seems to be the group to watch! Let your eyes and ears listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment